Mitchell and Laura-Lee's place was perfect for our short family vacation. The communication was excellent and prompt and the photos of the house and property are an accurate representation. We thought it was going to be touch and go with the wildfires west of Kamloops and Mitchell and Laura-Lee were very accommodating while we waited to see if coming was viable (ultimately, it wasn't an issue).
A few things that we really appreciated:
- Their house is part of a small community and there is an elementary school nearby with a really nice playground (two actually, one for little kids and one for older kids)
- Our dog loves swimming but doesn't like jumping from a dock and there is a very small and quiet boat launch just a few minutes away where he could go in
- The kitchen is very well appointed with plenty of dishes, cookware, staple ingredients, etc.
- The master bed and bath are enormous with a beautiful and large deck overlooking the lake
- The lake is very quiet
- The WIFI was very reliable (no cell service, but it didn't matter because of the WIFI)
- It's quite close to Kamloops (25 mins) but feels nowhere near a city (more cows and horses around than people)
- The back yard is very large and flat (perfect for throwing the ball to our dog)
One thing we learned the hard way is if you are driving to Sun Peaks, you have to go the long way around (back toward Kamloops). Both Google and Apple Maps will insist that there is a shorter route heading east, but it's an unmaintained forestry road that is only realistically passable with a serious 4x4 vehicle.