Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Other property types in Shimonita
A Villa in the Forest in Minami Karuizawa A Spect - Minami Kuruizawa No 1 / Kanra-gun Gunma
A villa in the forest in Minamikaruizawa
Hotel Karuizawa Cross
Reviewed on Aug 18, 2020
Staying in an Apartment in Shimonita-machi
You might not have many choices within the heart of Shimonita-machi, but Expedia can help you locate accommodation within the larger area similar to apartments. When you search for a place to stay on Expedia, you can use the filters to search for a kitchen— one of the conveniences often found in an apartment. You can also filter by similar property types like holiday homes, condos or guest houses.
Best Time to Visit Shimonita-machi
Though weather is just one factor, it can have an impact on your travel plans, especially if you have a long stay planned. And since apartments often have stricter cancellation policies, it's a good idea to study these weather averages before booking.
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 16°C and nighttime temperatures average -3°C
- April-June: 27°C is the daytime average and 5°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 30°C and nighttime averages are around 14°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 22°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Average rainfall is 35 inches in a year
Things to Do in Shimonita-machi
Explore the area and family-friendly sights such as Gunma Safari Park, or get out into nature at a spot like Mount Myogi. In the larger area, you’ll find Gunma Museum of Natural History and Myogi Shrine.