Apartments in Rio Hondo for Rent
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Apartments in Rio Hondo
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2020
Other property types in Rio Hondo
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
Fish, Relax & Getaway/ Book Monday and Tuesday/get Sunday Night Free
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2020
South Texas Vacation Rental! Waterfront Property
Staying in an Apartment in Rio Hondo
There are plenty of places to stay with 61 hotels and accommodation options in the Brownsville area, though not many apartments. We can help you search for accommodation with similar amenities.
How do you know if an apartment is the best choice for your stay? Apartments are a good option for solo travellers who want to live like locals, and also for families wanting the conveniences of home.
When is the Best Time to Visit Rio Hondo?
Though weather is just one consideration, it can have an impact on your travel plans, especially if you have a long stay planned. Since apartments often have stricter cancellation policies, it's a good idea to study these weather averages before booking.
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 27°C and nighttime temperatures average 11°C
- April-June: 33°C is the daytime average and 18°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 34°C and nighttime averages are around 22°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Average rainfall is 663 inches in a year
What to Do in Rio Hondo
While exploring the area, visit family-friendly sights like Bobz World, or get outside and enjoy nature at Harlingen Soccer Complex. In the larger area, you’ll find Treasure Hills Golf Club and Iwo Jima Monument.
How to Get to Rio Hondo and Around the Area
Fly into Harlingen, TX (HRL-Valley Intl.), which is located 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city centre. Otherwise, you can search for flights to Brownsville, TX (BRO-Brownsville-South Padre Island Intl.), which is 25 mi (40.2 km) away. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.