Apartments in Akureyri for Rent
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Akureyri
Icelandair Hotel Akureyri
Reviewed on Jun 13, 2020
Hotel Kea by Keahotels
Reviewed on Jul 13, 2020
Sæluhus Hotel Apartments & Houses
Reviewed on Sep 3, 2020
Staying in an Apartment in Akureyri
You'll find a lot of options for your stay in Akureyri with 71 accommodation options to select from, including 23 apartments. While you're here, why not visit the shops and enjoy the northern lights views?
How do you know if an apartment is the right choice for you? Offering a kitchen for convenient meals, an apartment is often more spacious than a traditional hotel room.
Best Time to Visit Akureyri
Though weather is just one consideration, it can impact your holiday, especially if you are planning a longer stay. And since apartments often have more rigid cancellation policies, it’s good to familiarise yourself with these seasonal weather averages before booking.
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 2°C and nighttime temperatures average -4°C
- April-June: 14°C is the daytime average and -2°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 14°C and nighttime averages are around 2°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 7°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Average rainfall is 30 inches in a year
What to Do in Akureyri
Akureyri is known for its northern lights views and shops. Akureyri Botanical Garden and Sulur are a couple of scenic spots to enjoy the outdoors, whereas Jon Sveinsson Museum is one of the cultural attractions. While in town, Akureyri Church and Hlidarfjall are other places worth a visit.Akureyri is known also for its:
- Whale watching
How to Get to Akureyri and Around the Area
Fly into Akureyri (AEY), which is located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) away. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.