Apartments in Port Douglas for Rent
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Vacation rental bedrooms
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 8, 2020
Other property types in Port Douglas
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas
Reviewed on Jan 7, 2021
Oaks Port Douglas Resort
Reviewed on Dec 18, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2021
Staying in an Apartment in Port Douglas
You'll find plenty of places to stay in Port Douglas with 217 accommodation options including 92 apartments. Why not enjoy the bustling port and spectacular coral reefs in this family-friendly area? Great Barrier Reef and Mossman Gorge are popular places to visit.
Why should you consider an apartment over a traditional hotel room? Apartments are a good option for solo travellers who want to stay in at night and plan out their next day, and also for families who want the conveniences of home.
When is the Best Time to Visit Port Douglas?
Though weather is just one factor, it can impact your holiday, especially if you're planning for a longer stay. Since apartments often have more rigid cancellation policies, it might be good to familiarise yourself with these weather averages before booking.
- The hottest months are typically January and December, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 32°C and nighttime temperatures average 22°C
- April-June: 30°C is the daytime average and 17°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 29°C and nighttime averages are around 17°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Average rainfall is 2074 inches in a year
Things to Do in Port Douglas
Port Douglas is well regarded for its coral reefs and waterfront. Family-friendly attractions include Wildlife Habitat and Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, whereas Great Barrier Reef and Mossman Gorge are a couple of great spots to enjoy the outdoors. Macrossan Street and Port Village Shopping Centre are other places to visit while you're in town.Port Douglas also is known for:
How to Get to Port Douglas and Around the Area
Fly into Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), which is located 33.3 mi (53.6 km) away from the heart of the city. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.