Apartments in Chelmsford for Rent
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Vacation rental bedrooms
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 2, 2018
Other property types in Chelmsford
County Hotel Chelmsford
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2020
Best Western Atlantic Hotel
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2020
Staying in an Apartment in Chelmsford
You'll find plenty of places to stay in Chelmsford with 25 hotels and other accommodation options to select from, including 11 apartments. Enjoy the culinary delights with a visit to the local bars, and enjoy popular sights in the area like Kelvedon Hatch.
Why consider an apartment versus a traditional hotel? Apartments are often more spacious than a traditional hotel room and come with a kitchen, so you can enjoy some home-cooked meals.
When is the Best Time to Visit Chelmsford?
Though weather is just one factor, it can have an impact on your travel plans, especially if you are planning a longer stay. Since apartments often have stricter cancellation policies, it’s good to familiarise yourself with these seasonal weather averages before you book your trip.
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 11°C and nighttime temperatures average 1°C
- April-June: 21°C is the daytime average and 3°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 22°C and nighttime averages are around 9°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average rainfall is 22 inches in a year
Things to Do in Chelmsford
Chelmsford is known for its bars. Enjoy the area's cultural attractions such as Kelvedon Hatch, or get outdoors into nature at a spot like Norsey Woods. Other popular places to visit in the area include Southend Pier and Colchester Zoo.Chelmsford is also notable for its:
How to Get to Chelmsford and Around the Area
Fly into London (STN-Stansted), which is located 14 mi (22.5 km) away from the city centre. Otherwise, look for flights into London (SEN-Southend), which is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.