Where to stay in Rio de Janeiro
4/5Very Good!(940 area reviews)
Mingle with the local residents on one of the world’s most famous beaches, admire art deco buildings and party until dawn in this effervescent neighborhood.
Barra da Tijuca
4.5/5Wonderful!(115 area reviews)
Rio de Janeiro’s longest beach, a sprawling shopping mall and some of the city’s best seafood restaurants and bars await in this relaxed neighborhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(151 area reviews)
Relax on beautiful beaches, shop for fashion and revel in the nightlife of one of Rio de Janeiro’s most stylish areas.
3.5/5Good!(114 area reviews)
You might enjoy the museums while in Centro. Museum of Tomorrow is a notable sight, and you can get around town at Carioca Station or Uruguaiana Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(41 area reviews)
Discover Botafogo, memorable for its beaches. Popular attractions in Botafogo include Rio Sul Shopping Mall and Guanabara Bay, and you can see more of the area by hopping on the metro at Botafogo Station.
Top Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 22, 2016
Reviewed on Mar 6, 2020
Top things to do in Rio de Janeiro
Full Day in Rio - Corcovado, Sugar Loaf & City Tour with BBQ
Rio by Air Helicopter Tour from the Lagoon
Half-Day Saara Shopping District Tour
Rio de Janeiro Beach Vacation
Relax on the shore as you watch the sunlight flickering on the water on your Rio de Janeiro vacation. If you're craving the complete beach experience, a trip to Rio de Janeiro will definitely deliver. You've probably heard of Icarai Beach (4 miles (7 km) away). We recommend booking your hotel nearby. However, plenty of sightseers also choose Rio de Janeiro vacation deals closer to Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach or Grumari Beach, two other magnificent nearby options.
Things You Should Know About Rio de Janeiro
- If you want to stay as close as possible to the shoreline, check out what's available at these Rio de Janeiro beach hotels. You're sure to find a place that suits your style.
- Apartments, like APARTAMENTO EM COPACABANA and Apartamento Ipanema Guinle I, are also popular property types here. Compare prices and amenities and take your pick!
- Dread endlessly pulling your wallet out on vacation? We hear you. With most things taken care of, our All-Inclusive hotels in Rio de Janeiro are the ideal solution.
- Our Rio de Janeiro things to do page is a good place to begin planning your getaway to Rio de Janeiro. After you arrive, get chatting to one of the 6,023,700 friendly locals to discover even more.
- Save on experiences by booking our Rio de Janeiro vacation deals. With fantastic attractions such as Christ the Redeemer to explore, this destination will keep you on the go.