Learn about Taiwan's religious influences from a tour guide.
Learn about Taiwan's past and present religious rituals.
Visit the oldest Confucian Temple in Taiwan.
Enter the Daitianfu Temple for a spiritual adventure.
Visit a family-run incense stick shop.
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Admission to Taoist hell & Taiwan Confucian Temple
Food and drinks
What you can expect
Discover Taiwan's rich and varied spiritual culture with a visit through lively temples, historical incense shops, and a local, English-speaking guide well educated in Taiwan's many religious influences. Begin your day with a tour through the 18 levels of Taoist hell at the unique and lively Daitianfu Temple. Equipped with animatronics and staged scenes, this journey is a rare sighting and comprehensive glimpse into Taiwan's Taoist religion. Next, visit Tainan's Confucian Temple, Taiwan's oldest Confucian temple dating back to 1665. You will end the day at a family-owned incense shop to learn about spiritual traditions and modern-day rituals, leaving Tainan with your very own incense sticks and a piece of Taiwanese culture.
- 09:00 Pick up from your accommodation
- 09:40 Daitianfu Temple in Madou: Head down to a journey of Taoist hell
- 12:00 Lunch in Fuzhong Street area (at guests' expense)
- 13:30 Taiwan Confucian Temple
- 15:30 Visit a family-run shop to learn the production of incense stick
- 17:00 Drop-off at your accommodation