Find the best Taiwanese dishes with your local tour guide.
Sample local street food at the Shueisian Temple market.
Watch how Tainan's famous milkfish congee is prepared.
Participate in an authentic Taiwanese tea ceremony.
Explore Taiwanese desserts on Guohua and Zhengxing street.
About this activity
What's included, what's not
What you can expect
Eat like a local and gain a deeper understanding of Taiwan's food culture as you explore the island's most traditional food mecca with your knowledgeable, local guide. On this food tour, your guide will take you to try Tainan's most famous and delicious eats while explaining the origins, traditions, and general obsession behind Taiwanese food. Watch how milkfish congee is prepared (and sample for yourself!), stroll down the alley of a traditional fruit and vegetable market, participate in a traditional tea ceremony, and satisfy your sweet tooth with local Taiwanese desserts!
- 10:00 Pick up from your accommodation
- 10:30 Explore Shueisian Temple traditional market
- 12:00 Have the best milkfish congee in Tainan for lunch
- 14:00 Experience an authentic tea ceremony in local tea house
- 15:30 Walk through Guohua and Zhengxing food street and search for the Taiwanese dessert
- 18:00 Drop-off at your accommodation