2022 Tokyo Spring Evening (Cherry Blossom) Food Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- 3-hour tour around the canal & trendy Nakameguro area
- Try local snacks & beverages: sweets, sembei, seasonal items
- Enjoy a tasty dinner at a local Izakaya (Japanese pub)
- Experience a real Hanami stroll with a local & expert guide
- Browse the local festival like atmosphere like locals do
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Strict policy on tour start time. Guests who are late will be left behind and we are unable to re-connect them to the ongoing tours. There is no refund for missing a tour due to late arrival.
- Starts promptly at 4:30pm, ends at 7:30pm
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions and if these are allergies (please let us know the severity) or preferences
- At least 2 people are required, maximum of 10 for this activity to take place.
- You must be 20 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason, or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities.
- The operator reserves the right to expel any participant from any service who is intoxicated, acting belligerently, endangering others or behaving in a way which may tarnish or act upon the operator’s reputation or cause distress to third parties, participants and/or individuals.
- Walking level: light to moderate.
- Please note for this tour the actual dates of blossom time vary year to year and we cannot guarantee the amount of blossoms or the ending date when blossoms will no longer be visible. We have estimated the dates based on average forecasts and will update throughout the season.
What you can expect
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our tour is continuing as scheduled for Cherry Blossom season 2020 but please note due to changes recommended by the Japanese government for reducing the spread of Covid19 this season, the canal trees will not be lit in the evening and the normal festival food stalls will not be in operation. The cherry trees will still be gorgeous of course and we will have many fun food experiences planned. We will be substituting our food stops to include local dishes at restaurants near the Cherry Blossom area as well as special snacks we will share with our guests. Your understanding is appreciated. If you have any questions please let us know.
SPECIAL LIMITED SEASONAL TOUR Stroll along a famous Blossom lined canal in Nakameguro (Tokyo) and experience true Hanami with a local.
Cherry Blossom season in Tokyo is so beautiful, and even more so in the evening when lanterns and lights turn the tree-lined streets into a magical fairy land. Nakameguro is a trendy, beautiful neighborhood, very famous for its 2km route along the Meguro River/Canal. This entire route is lined with cherry trees and it must be seen in person to really get a feeling for how beautiful the sakura (cherry trees) are. Join us on this walking tour along the canal and around the vibrant restaurant and shopping area. Taste local treats and beverages, explore the history of the district, and enjoy a dinner at an amazing izakaya that features seasonal dishes.
Sakura season is short, about one month from the first tiny buds to the finish of the season with the peak being about two weeks. It is impossible to predict exact dates each year but we will be offering this limited edition tour in the time period most famous for Hanami. With our guide, learn about the the area, the meaning and reason behind sakura season, and taste local specialties that are bound to be pleasing to the eye and to the palate.
Nakameguro is a very fashionable district with many small boutiques, and during the sakura season there are lots of stalls selling yummy snacks and streetfood. Join us on this tour to experience the real Cherry Blossom vibes with a local and foodie expert!
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required