Cleaning and safety practices
Take a shared boat to Robben Island museum for a guided tour
See the prison cell of former President Nelson Mandela
Take the rotating Cable Car to the top of Table Mountain
Discover Cape Town monuments on a brief drive-by City Tour
Visit the Bo Kaap and take a photo with the colourful houses
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Private Tour Guide/Driver
Private Vehicle and Fuel
Pick up and drop off at accommodation in Cape Town
Bottled water onboard the vehicle
Entrance fees to Robben Island boat trip & museum tour
Meals, Drinks and Gratuities (optional)
Entry ticket to Table Mountain Cableway @ R360.00 per adult; R180.00 per child
Know Before You Book
Infants/Children require an infant/child seat up to the age of 5. Please advise whether your will be traveling with your own infant/child seat or whether we should provide one. The infant/child seat can be provided at no additional cost.
Robben Island and Table Mountain are both weather dependent activities. Should the activities be cancelled due to unfavourable weather conditions guests can either reschedule or receive a refund.
Robben Island boat trip & museum tour is a shared activity and you will join other people on the boat trip & the island tour.
What you can expect
Join us on one of the most popular heritage tours in South Africa and experience more about South African history by taking a boat trip to Robben Island museum and see the prison cell where former president Nelson Mandela was incarcerated as a political prisoner. Then, take a tour of Cape Town city including Table Mountain Cableway and see Cape Town from a different dimension. Take a photo in the Bo Kaap and meet and greet the local Cape Malay community. This is truly one of the most amazing tours you will ever embark on.
- Robben Island boat trip & museum tour: From your accommodation, receive a transfer to the ferry departure point at the Nelson Mandela Gateway at the Clocktower Precinct in the V & A Waterfront. (Your tour guide/driver will not be accompanying you on the boat or at the island as there will be a sight guide on the island who will give you a guided tour.) Board the shared ferry boat to set sail to Robben Island. The entire tour takes up to 3.5 hours including ferry journey times. Upon reaching the island, disembark at Murray's Bay Harbour and take a brief walk to the bus that will transport you around the island. A former political prisoner will give you a site tour, including a viewing of Nelson Mandela's cell. After the tour, return to the Clocktower Precinct at the V&A Waterfront at between 12:30 and 13:00pm. Guests are welcome to an optional lunch stop at a nearby eatery/take-out.
- Table Mountain: Table Mountain is next on our agenda as we take the cable car to the top of the mountain for a guided tour. The iconic Table Mountain is one of the 7 Wonders of the World and is not to be missed on your Cape Town visit.
- City & Bo Kaap:We proceed with a brief drive-by City tour with views of historical monuments and museums like the Castle of Good Hope, City Hall and Slave Lodge. End off the day with the Bo Kaap (Cape Malay Quarter) and stop for a photo opportunity with the colourful houses, which carries great historical significance. You may even have a chance to greet some of the locals if they are in sight.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided