Visit one of the most ancient viticultural areas in Europe.
Learn about the unique process of wine making in Spain.
Get lost in the sea of vineyards in the area.
Hiking in El Penedès wine country.
Guided visit to a cellar & wine tasting
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Transport in van with air conditioning.
Professional multiligue guide.
Guided visit to a winery and tasting of 3 wines from its selection of whites, reds and cavas.
Catalan typical sandwich.
Pick up outside the meeting point
Know Before You Book
To participate in the wine tasting must be 18 years old
What you can expect
Walk through the vineyards of Penedès, the most important wine region in Catalonia, visit a traditional winery and taste its organic wines in this unique tour from Barcelona.
- After 45 minutes of traveling in an air-conditioned van, we will arrive in Penedès, one of the oldest wine regions in Europe, famous for producing wines of exceptional quality, and especially for being the place where cava is produced. El Penedès has a privileged geographical location on a plateau near the sea and protected by mountains.
- We will prepare and start walking among the vineyards of this beautiful Mediterranean landscape. Our road passes through a landscape full of farmhouses, farms and wineries scattered among the vineyards. As we walk, we will know the grape varieties of the area, the traditions and the history of the region.
- During the walk, we will take a break to enjoy a delicious sandwich, while enjoying beautiful views of the iconic Montserrat mountain.
- After the walk we will go to an organic family owned winery where we will take a guided tour and get to know its history and elaboration process. At the end we will make a tasting of three wines from its range of white wines, reds and cavas, along with a pica pica (fuet, cheese and toast).
Hiking and Wine in the Penedès
- We will start the day with a tour through the Penedès vineyards, a beautiful Mediterranean landscape drawn by hamlets and vineyards where wines and cavas are produced in its more than 300 wineries.
- Our walk will take us to a traditional winery where we will do a guided tour and a tasting of three wines from its range of whites, reds and cavas.