Cleaning and safety practices
Enjoy the views of seaside while pass by via Isaribi Street.
Trappistine Monastery, stroll along on the beautiful grounds
Discover Goryakaku Park, walk in this giant star shaped park
Choose to end the tour at Morning Market or Motomachi Area
Or end at Red Brick Warehouse & Meijikan (old Post Office)
What's included, what's not
One-way pick-up transfer from accommodation in Hakodate city to start the tour (Door to Door).
Half day tour from Hakodate (Trappistine Monastery, Goryokaku Park etc)
Written information guide on the tour.
Food and drinks
Hotel drop off after end of the tour
Admission ticket or entrance fee for attractions if required
Know Before You Book
Lead Passenger email address, mobile phone, name who reserves hotel room.
Ages of each passenger
Hotel name with full address in Hakodate city
Hotel check in date
All child rate same as adult rate
What you can expect
Enjoy a relaxing way to explore Hakodate city with this half-day drive through tour. Hakodate is the sophisticated port city of Hokkaido. With history of international trade, this city had many buildings which combined European and other international cultures in it. From this tour, you will gain ideas and information on the attractions which will be useful if you like to explore the city in more depth later.
This is a comfortable tour which is suitable especially for both elderlies and young children as there is not much walking required. Along the rides, Cherry Tomato coach will pass by many beautiful spots for you to enjoy the sceneries and to take pictures. We specially designed the tour to start from 10.00 am as it’s not too early nor too late to enjoy this city tour.
- Tour starts off with a drive cruise passing by the seaside via Isaribi Street to enjoy the views of the beach and catch glimpse a poet’s statue Takuboku Ishikawa.
- Next, drive tour will cross over to Hot Spa Onsen Street and brings you to visit Trappistine Monastery (50 minutes free and easy time). Located on a small hill, looking across the city center towards Mt. Hakodate and the sea, you can stroll along on the beautiful grounds of this Catholic convent and explore its European architecture. Do not miss out to try out the Trappist cookies, Madeline cakes and butter candies prepared by the nuns living in the monastery .
- Discover Old Fort Goryakaku Park (50 minutes free and easy time), Japan’s first Western-style fort and Hakodate’s most popular sightseeing. You can enjoy walks in this giant star shaped park throughout the year though it’s well known during spring as one of the best cherry blossom spot with 1600 cherry trees.
- Choose to end the tour at 1 of the three nice attractions (drop off area):-
1) Hakodate Morning Market, best known for its delicious & fresh seafood, household goods & seasonal fruits such as melon.
2) Hakodate Motomachi Area, explore attractions such as Hakodate Orthodox Church, Old Public Hall of Hakodate & Hachimanzaka Slope & Hakodate Ropeway Station
3) Red Brick Warehouse & Meijikan Old Hakodate Post Office Area
Driver will pick you up from your hotel. Actual pick up time and meeting point will be advised in a Departure Notice that will be faxed 1 day before service date to your hotel's front desk by 1700hrs (5.00 pm).
**Tour will end at 1330 hour, extension with additional charges are not permitted.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required