Food Walking Tour & Tortellini Cooking Class with Lunch
- Chance to pick up Bolognese cooking tips from a pro chef
- Cobblestone backstreets of the Italian gourmet capital
- Opportunity to learn how to make tasty homemade tortellini
- Visit to the Herbs Market, a hidden gem known only by locals
- Delicious lunch with wine at a 14th-century trattoria
Activity Traditional Home Cooking Class with Lunch in Bologna
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- You must be 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume wine.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 10 people.
- Special dietary requirements must be communicated to the supplier in advance. Use the contact details on your confirmation/voucher.
- You do not need previous cooking experience.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Uncover the flavors of Bologna as you explore the city's oldest markets and bustling piazzas with an knowledgeable foodie guide. Afterward, learn to make delicate tortellini with guidance from an experienced chef, and then tuck into a tasty lunch with wine at a 14th-century trattoria.
Join your guide beside the Neptune Fountain in Piazza del Nettuno and head out on a walking tour that winds through cobblestone streets leading to one of the city's oldest food markets. Flanked by produce-packed stalls, vendors with aromatic herbs, and butchers with the day's freshest cuts, it's the perfect place to pick up ingredients for the next part of your excursion.
In the home of a local, don an apron and get your hands dirty as you find out how to make tasty tortellini the old-fashioned way. Pick up tips on the best ways to make and fold pasta dough, and find out what kinds of fillings are perfectly suited for this classic Italian dish. At a traditional trattoria nearby, enjoy a tortellini lunch yourself, paired perfectly with a glass of robust lambrusco.