Ancient Delphi Full-Day Trip
Cleaning and safety practices
- Tour group numbers restricted to a maximum of 26 people
- Whispers audio devices for social distance during the tour
- Delphi, ancient home of Greece's famed prophetic oracle
- Archaeological museum for insight into UNESCO-listed site
- Castalian Spring's sacred waters & ruins of Temple of Apollo
Full Day Tour
Live Commentary in English. This option includes guided visit to Delphi archaeological site, Museum & Athena Pronaia.
Full Day Tour with Lunch
Live Commentary in English. This option includes guided visit to Delphi archaeological site, Museum & Athena Pronaia as well as lunch in a traditional family-owned restaurant.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Whispers audio devices will be given to you in order to keep social distance guidelines inside the archaeological site without missing any word of the fascinating narration of our guide. Mini Whispers are thoroughly sanitized from our staff and inside the charging cases with UVC lights.
- Buses are filled to only half of their capacity and the number of buses used is increased.
- The guide will wear a mask throughout the duration of the tour while our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures and use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves).
- The high-traffic areas are regularly sanitized, and the gear/equipment is always sanitized between uses. Sanitizing dispensers are available at Key Tours ticket office for use before your departure.
- Face masks required also for travelers.
- Lunch will be provided at restaurant that follows the hygiene protocols (if lunch option is selected).
- During the Winter season (1 November - 31 March), the visit to Athena Pronaia Sanctuary will not take place due to the limited opening hours of the exhibition areas.
- Pickup is available from hotels in central Athens. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. If you do not require hotel pickup, check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Tour operates in English, Spanish, French and Italian according to the scheduled program. The tour may be conducted bilingual in some occasions.
What you can expect
Greek mythology comes to life as you walk the roads of Delphi, considered by the ancients to be the center of the world. Admire Apollo’s temple as you hear tales of the city's famous oracle, visit a fascinating archeological museum, and take in the magnificent terrain surrounding Arachova—a picturesque village on the slopes of Mt. Parnassus.
As you ride away from Athens, gaze out at the colorful landscapes of Beotia and Theva—the birthplace of King Oedipus. According to Greek mythology, Delphi is the place where Zeus’ eagles clashed after flying from the end of the universe in search of the “navel of the world.” Arrive at the site and set off to explore its ruins, temples, and museums. Your guide shares myths and legends of the Greek gods, helping to immerse you in the history and atmosphere of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
At the Castalian Spring, see the fountains where pilgrims coming to see the oracle once stopped to wash and drink, and then stand before the columns of the Temple of Apollo, where the Pythia (high priestess) delivered her prophecies. Stop into the museum for a closer look at the archeological treasures discovered throughout the ruined town, and pull out your camera at the Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, a unique circular temple perched on a hill. After lunch, return to Athens passing by the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese (short photo stop).
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available